In this episode, I talk to Charlie Gerard who recently switched from the software consultancy ThoughtWorks to the product company Atlassian. She now works on Jira, the planning and bug tracking software that comprises a codebase of several million lines of code.
We talk about:
- her experience working at Atlassian,
- the software engineering practices used at Atlassian,
- how diverse roles on a team help make better products,
- her interview experience to get into this popular developer tool company,
- the difference between working for a product company versus a consultancy,
- how to become a GoogleDev expert and a Mozilla Tech speaker,
- and of course also about her passion to tinker with brain-controlled interfaces.