Are you passionate about software engineering, programming, and community building? Then this internship position as a Developer Advocate for Codalytics is the right opportunity for you.
Codalytics is a training and consultancy business specializing in improving software engineering processes and software quality, particularly code reviews. We work with companies worldwide, such as Wix, Spotify, National Instruments, and Microsoft.
We believe that building a strong developer community and investing in their success is essential to our success. That’s why next to the world-class code review workshops, we also run the Software Engineering Unlocked Podcast. The podcast focuses on providing information and education around software engineering best practices.
If you’re passionate about connecting with developers, solving problems with software, and have an enthusiasm for educating and sharing what you’ve learned with the world, we’d love to hear from you.
As a developer advocate intern for Codalytics, you will, together with our team:
- Teach developers around the world about software engineering through blog posts, tweets, tutorials, podcast episodes, and videos about software engineering practices
- Engage directly with our developer community and customers to understand problems and translate your understanding into content and product improvements
- Drive business growth and brand awareness through your interactions with developers on our social media platforms
- Help to improve our software platforms built with React, GatsbyJs, and WordPress (no experience required)
- You should have initial experience developing software or actively working towards gaining solid technical skills as a software developer. You do not have to be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; We are also equally excited to work with self-taught software developers or Bootcamp participants and recent graduates who are eager to get their foot into tech.
- Eager to gain experience working in developer relations, developer advocacy, developer evangelism, or developer marketing
- Love of writing and content creation, such as blog posts, tweets, podcasts, presentations, demos, sample code, tutorials, quick starts, and API libraries.
- Passion for successfully building and engaging developer communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a variety of channels
- Motivated self-starter who works well independently and in a remote setting
Why you should join:
We offer complete flexibility in when or where you work. You will contribute to open-source, build a strong portfolio, and enhance your own brand and visibility within the developer community. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn various software engineering-related skills and wear many hats during your varying and diverse tasks. In our small team, you can be creative, show your entrepreneurial spirit, and really make an impact. In addition, you will directly work with and learn from Dr. Greiler, who will offer mentorship and guidance to help you grow and learn during this internship.
How to apply:
Send in your resume, social media links to email@example.com. Please also include examples of your work, like blog posts or tweets you created or any other cool things that show us what you are about.
We look through your application and evaluate if we are a good match. If so, we invite you to an interview to get to know each other. Before the interview, we send you a small task that you should not spend more than 30 minutes on. We will then discuss this task during the interview.
This is an internship and therefore pre-entry-level position. This means you do not need to be a developer or developer advocate yet. Instead, you should be working towards a solid technical skill set. You do not have to be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. We are equally excited to work with people that are self-taught or Bootcamp participants and recent graduates eager to get their foot into tech. You must be available to work part-time around 15-20h per week for at least 3 months between February 2022 – December 2022.
This is a paid opportunity, whereby payment highly depends on your experience.