Episode 5: Alper Kemal Koç on being the first engineer at a startup, building a low code solution, and the importance of listening and ignoring customer feedback.
In this episode, I talk to Alper Kemal Koç, who was the first engineer building a low code platform called Kuika, that helps users develop mobile applications. Alper shares with me how he build this startup from idea to serving over 15 customers, and which cultural differences he observed when building software in Turkey, the Netherlands and the rest of the world.
We talk about:
- why and how he joined this startup,
- how he decided on the right tech stack,
- how customer feedback influenced their direction,
- which engineering practices he values at this startup,
- and which relationship they have with their investors.