In this episode, I talk to Ben Lesh. Ben is a Senior Software engineer at Citadel Securities. Before that, Ben worked amongst other companies, at Google and Netflix. Ben is also the Project Lead for RxJS. RxJS is a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs by using observable sequences.
We talk about:
- how he got into several FAANG companies without a CS degree,
- the importance of building relationships, and an online brand,
- the benefits of being helpful and kind to others,
- the differences in engineering practices at Google, Netflix, and Citadel Securities, and
- what RX.js is and why you might need it.