In this episode, I talk to Patrick Wagstrom. Patrick is the Chief Data Officer at Brightcove. Before that Patrick was the director of emerging technology at Verizon, meaning that he leveraged AI/ML, augmented reality, blockchain, IoT, quantum computing, and even 5G. Before that, he was a senior director of data science at Capital One. Even before that, he was a “research nerd”(his own term) at IBM working on the Watson project.
We talk about:
- his role and responsibilities as a chief data officer,
- the difference between building systems that support machine learning and systems that don’t,
- distributed software engineering,
- data governance and GDPR,
- and how to make sure your AI model is unbiased.