In this episode, I talk to Diana Mounter, the Director of Design Infrastructure at GitHub. Diana traveled the world and lived in many different countries – even continents. She started as a print designer and spent some time in government before she got into web and design. Now, she leads the design systems at GitHub.
We talk about:
- what design systems are and why we need them,
- how GitHub deals with legacy code and refactoring.
- how the designer role interplays with other roles at GitHub,
- how and why designers do code reviews,
- and how GitHub strives for inclusive designs that make everyone feel like an expert.