In this episode, I talk to Kent C. Dodds, a software engineer, and teacher. Before starting his entrepreneurial journey, Kent has been working for PayPal. He is a major open source contributor and also the creator and maintainer of the widely used open-source testing-library.
We talk about:
- best practices in testing modern software systems,
- the testing pyramid and it’s “successor” the testing trophy,
- why integration tests might be more beneficial than unit tests,
- how you should avoid testing implementation details,
- and how testing sentiments have changed over the last 10 years.